Skip to content
Monograph & academic papers
- “Understanding Subversion: Non-Violent Warfare in an Age of Countering Violent Extremism,” paper delivered at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center, Fort Bragg, NC, September 12, 2016.
- “Designing an Information Warfare Campaign Against the Global Jihadi Movement,” in Threat Knowledge Group, The Islamic State and Information Warfare: Defeating ISIS and the Broader Global Jihadist Movement (John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, 2015).
- “The Muslim Brotherhood: Doctrine, Strategy, Operations and Vulnerabilities,” in Anna Bekele and Patrick Sookhdeo, eds., Meeting the Ideological Challenge of Islamism: How to Combat Modern Radical Islam (Westminster Institute/Isaac Press, 2015).
- “Getting Serious about Strategic Influence,” Journal of International Security Affairs, 2009.
- Fighting the War of Ideas like a Real War (Institute of World Politics Press, 2007).
- “Wage Political Warfare,” with Alex Alexiev and Caroline B. Glick, in Frank Gaffney, et al., eds., War Footing: 10 Steps America Must Take to Prevail in the Free World (Naval Institute Press, 2006).
- “Making Jihad Work for America,” Journal of International Security Affairs, March 2006.
- “Designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign terrorist organization,” Center for Security Policy Decision Brief 2018.001, June 28, 2018.
- “Why we have troops in Niger,” Daily Caller, October 27, 2017.
- “Islamic cleric in Iraq backs Trump,” AMI Newswire, March 10, 2016.
- “Larry, Curly and Osama” (Killing the enemy with ridicule), Los Angeles Times, May 21, 2006.
- “Wahhabi lobby spreads its wealth,” Insight, November 5- December 8, 2003. Download PDF: im-wahhabi-lobby-nov-2003
- “Alamoudi and those bags of Libyan cash,” Insight, October 28-November 10, 2003. Download PDF: im-alamoudi-oct2003
- “FBI polarized by ‘Wahhabi lobby,’” Insight, July 22-August 4, 2003. Download PDF: im-fbi-wahhabi-jul2003
- “Arab press fans the flames of hate,” Insight, June 24-July 7, 2003. Download PDF: im-arab-press-jun-2003
- “Undermining the war on terror: Top American Muslim groups courted by the Bush administration have used their political cover to launch influence operations and extend support to terrorists,” Insight, March 18-31, 2003. Download PDF: im-underming-gwot-mar2003
- “How terrorists use ‘civil liberties’ arguments to undermine war effort,” Insight, March 4, 2003.
- “A resounding voice in traditional Islam: Sheik Muhammad Hisham Kabbani,” Insight, October 1-14, 2002. Download PDF: im-kabbani-oct2002
- “Wahhabi lobby takes the offensive,” Insight, August 5, 2002. Download PDF: IM Wahhabi Lobby 2002.08.05